Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Avery's 1st Day of School




Avery had her first day of Kindergarten this week. She did so well. She was so excited to be there. There were tons of people there taking their kids to school on the first day. I myself shed a tear or two, ok so it was more like a fountain but she never saw me cry so she was alright. I was so proud of what a big girl she was. She is loving it. The second day, Lillie was confused as to why we were leaving her there. Today Lillie wanted to get in line with her as she lined up to go to her classroom. It is an adjustment to be without her all day every day but she is loving it so much. Today, she also talked me into letting her "buy" her lunch at the cafeteria. They have menus online so we looked it up and it was Mac & Cheese. She got that, milk and they had jello so she got that because as she said, "they did not have fruit so I thought Jello would be ok". I am looking forward to this weekend where we can all sleep past 6:30 am!!! I will update with pictures from her first day soon.


UPDATE: neither one of the girls slept past 7am this weekend! They are too excited that Jeff is home, so no sleep for Mommy. Although, they did let me sleep in a little bit on Monday though since it was a holiday. School continues to be a wonderful place for Avery to be. She is so happy everyday when I pick her up. I also started a tradition that when I pick her up, I have a "snack/treat" for her so she loves that too. I am starting to get into the routine of "every day". I pack lunches the night before and have clothes hanging on a hook in her room so she can dress herself. Now the next challenge will be what to do with the 45 minutes I have at drop off and pick up of Lillie and Avery. Grocery store maybe?? I welcome any suggestions, especially for Tuesdays and Wednesdays because I have three 45 minute windows to fill with dance and school.


No comments: