I threw on some clothes.......of course not the cute clothes I had planned on dressing in on Friday and I had Jeff call the triage desk to see if I could jump in the shower, but of course that was a big "NO" as well.............so off we went to the hospital. Now, let me share a little tip with all of you out there who are pregnant, a stick shift truck is NOT the car you want to be in when you are having contractions!
Contractions started in the car but when we got there, I was still just dialated to a 1. I was in triage for a while and then they realized that I was progressing quickly and they sent me upstairs. We met my Mom in the hallway and she and Jeff and I went upstairs where they had a team of nurses working on my to get me "ready" (although I told them I was ready when we got up there!!). I asked MANY times about the anesthesiologist and they assured me he was on the way to which I responded, "are you lying?" and the nurse said, "no ma'am, I am not lying" and then I said, "well is he running?" I was in a LOT of pain thinking "how in the world did my sister-in-law do this when she had Keelan?!" They finally got me "ready" and took me into the OR where they realized I was progressing VERY quickly so they performed the c-section in the nick of time and our precious gift was born at 2:35 am and he was perfect! He was 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 1/2 long. Although Dr. Seligman did not get to perform this c-section, he was the reason we got there without a lot of bumps in the road. I did tell them to call him but he was on call the next night and would not have been happy to be woken up........not even for his favorite patient!
He was 3 days early from our original date of October 3rd, but as I joked with my mother-in-law that morning, "he came early because I was going to have a mani/pedi on Thursday!!" I thought for at least one birth, I could look my best and photograph well. No such luck! I know that many of you have seen the pictures on my sister-in-law's blog (thanks Jenny!!) but here is my favorite one. I promise to update more regularly and add more pictures of our cute new little one!
4 comments:
What a handsome little fella! So glad everything went well!
Yipee! I have been waiting patiently to see the little guy. He is adorable! Congratulations to all of you. Jen H.
Congratulations! He is adorable! Can't wait to see him!!
So cute I almost can't stand it. Congratulations! - Stevie
Post a Comment