Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Discount Tire

We are getting ready for a road trip and when I went to get air in my tires (because my car told me to!) and have them check the oil, one of my tires turned out to be leaking air....this was only the beginning. So the other day we took Avery to school and we (Grafton, Lillie and I) went to Discount Tire. I really love places that open at 8am. I thought we could get their early and have them patch my tire. I got my new double jogging stroller that I got from a friend out (I don't really jog, just needed to have a double stroller) and strapped the kids in. We got to the door of Discount Tire only to discover that the stroller was too wide and we would not fit through the door. The guy was devastated that worked there. He really wanted to help and figure out a way to make the door wider or the stroller smaller. I told him it was fine that we would just stay outside under the overhang. Not a minute later, the sky opened up and it started POURING down rain. The kids thought it was cool although the wind was blowing rain onto Lillie's pants. I tried to make it fun so we were literally "singing" in the rain. The guy must have come out there three or four times to make sure we were alright. I even had a guy come from the car bays to ask me if he wanted me to fold up the stroller for me so we could go inside. We had fun singing and Grafton even had his cereal and bananas sitting in the stroller watching the rain. I ended up having to get not one but two new tires but it is better that we discovered this before we went on the open road than after. Se la vie.

No comments: