Monday, October 4, 2010

Wichita Zoo

Jeff and I were invited to my sister-in-law's sister's wedding in Wichita so we took the kids and headed up there. On Friday, Dad, Aunt O and I took the kids to the Wichita Zoo. It was really a beautiful day and a lot of fun for the kids (big and small).

This truck looks like something Dad would have driven "back in the day"
I love this picture because a duck is right there next to Grafton Grafton and Mommy feeding the giraffe (the morning feeding)
Avery feeding the gifaffe (AM)

Aunt O and Grafton and Mr. Elephant

Aunt O and Grafton

Lillie watching the stingrays swim around

Avery, Grafton and Lillie

Avery and Grafton watching the lion sleep.....isn't that a song?

Feeding the giraffe (the afternoon feeding).

It was surreal to be that close to a giraffe.

Lillie feeding the giraffe (PM)

Dad feeding the giraffe (PM)

Avery and Lillie and Mr. Giraffe

Marbles the ape eating his celery.

Lillie asked the attendant, "why does he not share his celery"

to which she replied, "because he doesn't have to, there is plenty of food"

Great question, I thought!

Avery nose to nose with Marbles


No comments: