I cannot believe how hot is is outside! I called the time and temperature for the time (because we lost power today....more on THAT in a few) and it said it was 84 degrees outside. I think that is a TOTAL lie because it is much hotter than that around here. Now, on to the topic of the day.....a power outage. It started when I was trying to relish every minute of sleep it could get before my beautiful and lively alarm clocks called for me when Avery came running down the stairs and said, "Mom, everything is burned out!". This caused me to awake rapidly and reply, "WHAT", she continued to say the her clock was out (this is her favorite thing in her room; it is a pink digital clock from Uncle Jay!). I told her the power was out and she was like, "oh, weird". She ran upstairs to change since she was sweating and then ran into Lillie's room to play with her.
It got to hot in the house for preggo and the kiddos so we sought refuge at my parents house. Now, it seemed like a good idea to take my laundry over there to get done while Lillie was napping. However, it did not turn out like that. I washed my clothes in my parents fancy washing machine successfully, but when it came time to dry them, it took FOREVER (or maybe it was user error) so I took some of them home on hangers, the rest in a basket wet to dry at my house and a few that managed to dry in the bag I brought them in. I am tired from just typing.
Jeff is due home today and the girls are SO excited (I am too!!). Avery wants to "stay up late" so she can play with Dad. I think that concludes our Curlee Life update for today. More to come later, you can count on that!
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How unfair!! Pregnant and no AC in 90+ heat!! My hat is off to you! I have a few name suggestions...I also know that you already have the name and are just not telling!!!
Post a Comment