Friday, April 17, 2009

Kentucky Invasion

My Brother, sister-in-law and my niece were all here to celebrate Grafton's baptism. We thought it would be special to have them as his Godparents. I told them that we knew of no one more spiratual or sassy than the two of them!

We had such a great time. We made memories that will last a lifetime. We had the baptism on Sunday then on Monday we took them to the Stockyards in FW and then Tuesday we had breakfast and then painted some pottery. It was a whole lot of fun. On Wednesday Anne Haley and I had lunch with Avery at school. She was so excited to have her there. It has been a while but here are a few stories and lots of photos of the time they were here.

The best story was at lunch on Monday in the stockyards. I let Avery stay home from school so she could go with us and we MAXED out our new Armada with 8 people! We went down there to see the longhorns move through town. Something that they do everyday, twice a day and I have NEVER been. It was totally cool. One longhorn looked at Phylis and I a little funny so we moved back off the sidewalk a little bit but it was fascinating to watch these wild animals walk down the street.
We had lunch at Risky's BBQ and here is how the lunch ordering conversation went:

Phylis: "Are there any specials?"
Waitress: "The Gobbler or Chopped Beef and a side for $4.99"
Phylis: "What is a Gobbler?"
Me: "Turkey....you know, Gobble, Gobble!"
Phylis: Oh!
Dad: "Cobbler?"
Waitress: "Do you want Cobbler?"
Dad: "Oh, No. What is the special again?"
Waitress: "The Gobbler or Chopped Beef and a side for $4.99"
Dad: "You get two sandwiches?"
***Let me interject and say at this point my brother Jeff is about on the floor with laughter****
Me: "NO, The Gobbler OR the Chopped Beef, one or the other, not both!"
Dad: "Oh, ok I will have the Chopped Beef"
Waitress: "What side?"
Dad: "What size?"
Jeff: "SIDE!" (as he laughs uncontrollably)
The waitress walks away and Dad says, "I still don't get it. What is the special?"
Me: "You get one sandwich or the other with a side."
Dad: "Oh, did I really ask her if I got TWO sandwiches!"

We were absolutely roaring with laughter.

After some shopping (at my new favorite store Sassy Pantz) and a cool maze that the girls went through, we decided to go to Central Market. There was a huge sign that said "Herb Fest" and BOTH Dad and Phylis said "If your name is Herb do you get in for free?"
It was a wild time and I loved every single minute of it. Here are some pictures.

Maximum Occupancy, 8 people (half of Phylis's face, sorry one "L"... and I make 8) Longhorns Walking



Avery and Anne Haley
The Girls In "Jail"
Avery and a fancy longhorn!

The girls at Risky's BBQ
Dad and Grafton (not sure what kind of face Dad is making!)
Probably still confused from the Gobbler/Cobbler, Side/Size episode!
Avery Anne Haley
The girls in the Maze

Avery, Anne Haley and Lillie (I should point out that when no one was around with a camera, Lillie made Grampsie fold himself into this little stagecoach!)
Avery Lillie making the Uncle Jeff face in Anne Haley's sunglasses
Lillie and Anne Haley making the face
Avery, Anne Haley and Lillie
(where is her jacket, hope we were not caught between the buildings!...inside joke)

Getting ready to paint pottery, Jeff in his cute Pink smock!

No comments: