It was so awesome. I won tickets in a Chevy contest I enteredFirst we had Village of Champions passes so we headed over to the Chevy tent for lunch and prizes. We also got to see three drivers do a Q&A with the auidence and sign a few autographs. I recognized Jimmie Johnson from his appearance on a favorite show of mine Las Vegas. After lunch we got to do a Pit Tour where we could take pictures of the race cars and look around. We also got to walk on the actual race track! As if that was not enough, ZZ Top was performing on the main stage on the track before the race started! The TCU marching band also performed....GO FROGS!! My favorite car was Jimmie Johnson's (for the above mentioned reason), there was also a Cheerios car that I am sure the kids would have loved!
There was a LOT of walking and a LOT of engine fuel and cigarette smoke but it was an AWESOME experience and I am glad I got to go with my favorite guy!
This military plane delivered the pace car...WAY cool

The cars were so fast it was hard to get a picture!




No comments:
Post a Comment