If you have read my blog, you know Jeff and I went on a dinner cruise on our date night. Well, I asked Captain Steve if I could drive the boat and he said yes. So here I am at the helm varying a few degrees port at times and then I was talking to the crew (just for the picture of course). I could have stood there all night. I almost got to wear the captain's hat but another couple came into the pilot house and we got distracted. It was really a cool view and and awesome learning experience. Oh and in case you are like I was, you can tell the difference between port and starboard by the fact that "port" and "left" have four letters........duh! No one ever told me that. I also just learned a fascinating tidbit of knowledge from my father in law......."he left a girl at every port" (left and port, get it!). All part of the new Nautical Leah. You should be scared!! Oh and just to rub it in to my darling husband, I have included a photo the Yacht that I got to pilot! Love you babe!
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Talking to my crew

1 comment:
Leah, the new family pic is AWESOME!!! Did a pro take it or did your family do it? I really want a pic like that when we go in Sept. Also, so excited your on FB now! Jen H
Post a Comment